Sunday, March 29, 2009

More Educational Podcasts


Since I'm going to be a high school teacher, I chose to watch two podcasts for grades 9-12 from WGBH, a provider for iTunesU. The first one I watched was "How Body Responds to Exercise." The video podcast was about a group of people who wanted to run the Boston Marathon who trained over a year to do so.

The second podcast I watched was "A Night In The Coral Reef" which was about the underwater sea creatures who come out at night to feed and what the coral does at night.

I only watched these two but there are many other titles that can be used for many different school subjects. They are narrated in simple, everyday English which makes them easy to understand for students.

I would like to use some of these podcasts or others like them for my classroom one day when I'm a teacher. I plan to download some for K-5th grades to show to my children because they are very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment